Friday, February 7, 2014

Hoodoo Money(The Stolen Nickel Series)

Hoodoo Money(The Stolen Nickel Series) 
by Sharon Cupp Pennington

The major part of this story takes place in New Orleans. It is a murder mystery with a bit of romance. I did blush while reading certain parts but it was not inappropriate nor did I feel like it was something I could not discuss with my family. 

The main Characters of the story are Charlie Cooper (also called Coop), Angeline St. Cyr, Braeden McKay (also called Brag), and J. Sanderson Montgomery (also called Sandman). 

I could not pick just one favorite character as all the characters in the book were well developed and I came to care for all the characters.

I found the story line a bit odd in the beginning but after the first few chapters it flowed very nice. I liked how it wasn't just told from one point of view and you got to see in side all the main characters. 

I was not able to pick out the bad person (I’m not saying who it is) out and only figured it out as the main characters did. 

I could feel everything the characters were feeling and it was very refreshing. I did cry and laugh and want to shot someone, so the author did a great job of pulling you into the book. This book was a page turner and once I got started I had a very hard time putting the book down. 

I cannot wait to read the next book in the series as this one left me wanting more. 

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries, romance, or someone who just want a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment