Friday, February 7, 2014

MANGROVES AND MONSTERS (The Stolen Nickel Series)

MANGROVES AND MONSTERS (The Stolen Nickel Series)
by Sharon Cupp Pennington

The story takes place on the Caribbean island of Jacqueme Dominique. It is a mystery type of book, it has a bit of romance, and of course a murder. I did blush while reading certain parts but it was not inappropriate for the scene.

The main Characters of the story are Charlie Cooper (also called Coop), Angeline St. Cyr, Brent St. Cyr, and Kat. 

I could not pick just one favorite character as all the characters in the book were well developed and I came to care for all the characters.
 
After the first book the second was easier to understand what the writer was doing. I liked how it wasn’t just told from one point of view and you got to see in side all the main characters. I was not able to home in on who the bad person (I’m not saying who it is) was and only figured it out as the main characters did. Although I will say my gut was screaming at me something was not right with a couple of the characters. Also Willem Voorhees does make an appearance. 

I felt every emotion that the characters felt. Even though I have never lost a child or someone I loved I was able to understand a little of what they were going through, I could feel everything the characters were feeling and it was very refreshing. I did cry and laugh and want to shot someone, so the author did a great job of pulling you into the book. This book was a page turner and once I got started I had a very hard time putting the book down. 

I cannot wait to read the next book in the series as this one left me wanting more. 
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries, romance, or someone who just want a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment